Thursday, September 24, 2009

Weekly Roundup

While watching Return of the King (still waiting for the bluray, what is this 2 dvd deal. c'mon guys), I have nothing better to do so here is a update i guess you can call it.

type Shadowfax, show us the meaning of haste..

MUSIC...
I woke up this morning and while poking around on the internet, I stumbled upon this gem. It is a mash-up of Jay Z and Marvin Gaye called "Hello Brooklyn". I think it came out a while ago which makes me mad I didn't hear it until now.
(Sorry I'm inept and couldn't embed just that one song BUT if you like that song you can DL the whole album)


GAMING...
As most of you know, ODST came out Tuesday and I must say it is a blast. I've only been able to play co-op campaign, but from what I've experienced already I am loving it. They split up the main group and the rookie story wise and the difference is night and day (literally). While playing as the main group it is a lot more action packed. This includes more enemies, heavier weapons and set pieces (battling from vehicles/ operating turrets..ect). On the other hand, you have the rookie's POV where you explore a pitch black New Mombasa completely taking advantage of the new low light vision mode (basically it's a night vision mode that also marks your enemies). This side of the story is a lot slower but in return shows the open world side of the game. I haven't completed it yet but I think I can honestly say that this game is more epic than Halo 3 (yeah, I said it). There is a scene, after they destroy the bridge, where the whole back round city is on fire. I think that right there did it for me. I plan on playing firefight very soon and probably get addicted to that.
Let's be honest though, as great as this game is, we're all waiting for Modern Warfare 2. Not a bad game to hold us over though.

I can't call my self a hardcore Final Fantasy fan even though FF7 is very near and dear to my heart and I played it a billion times(but who hasn't right?). With that said I am ready to be a FF freak when FF13 comes to America (180 days left). The trailer and the demo game play have already gotten my skin ting-a-ling (get it?). From what I've seen, the cinematics are gorgeous and even in game the graphics can be compared to advent children, which I think looks amazing as well. The new battle system looks very interesting as well. It's based on the Active Time Battle system and you will be able to stack commands to chain attacks together. I mean when you can juggle and enemy in the air in a RPG...dope.

To fully cement my excitement they are going to release this for the game as well...

I mean I'm trying to save money but the world really doesn't want me to.

MOVIES...
Last night I saw Jennifer's body (haha yeah...) with Saemi Chotrane. She's my partner in crime when it comes to good bad movies. Imagine a quasi lesbian relationship of the 2 girls in American Beauty mixed with a hint of humorous terror of Drag Me to Hell and topped off with Diablo Cody's dialogue in Juno. If you're expecting a boobie fest or a gore fest, expect to be disappointed. Even with that said, I still relatively enjoyed the movie. It was definitely a plus seeing Adam Brody play a devil worshiping indie rocker.

Call me typical or whatnot, but one movie I absolutely cannot wait for is Where the Wild Things Are. Actually not only can I not wait for the movie but the wait for the soundtrack is almost unbearable. Karen O. recently released a track from the movie called "All is Love". Combine that with the Arcade Fire's "Wake Up" (I don't think this song is actually going to be on the soundtrack), it's enough to be more than just intrigued right? CD track list
(For those of you that don't know me that well, soundtracks are one of my favorite sources of music, whether it be a compilation or OST. It's actually my dream to write an original soundtrack for a movie. Kind of hard when you've only written one song in your life but I'm on my way to working on it, I swear.)

That's about it, Gondor needs saving and the beacons are lit so... Ting will answer!


No comments:

Post a Comment