Monday, January 4, 2010

Don't read this Kristy

Heed Admiral Ackbar's warning.

Lately I have been obsessed with classical instruments not in classical music, especially of the horn persuasion.
Actually so much so that even sessions of impromptu mouth trumpeting break out on my long trips to SF.
I guess I'm writing this as a declaration of my new years resolution to write music using as many instruments as possible.
I'll be happy just to write in general since I've never truly done it before, only one real piece in college.
My only set back is that I don't play that many BUT I do have a freak of nature asian friend (Saemi Cho) that can play anything she picks up.
I may have to abuse her.
I have the tools and the will. This year I fight my laziness.

These are the best examples of what I mean. They are both kind of old but on my list of favorite songs EVER

STARS- Your Ex Lover is Dead

Beirut- Nantes

1 comment: