Thursday, January 21, 2010

sundance the night away

Today is Sundance, I don't normally notice but this year I happened to. There are a few movies/ shorts that caught my eye.

"I'm Here" Spike Jonze
I'm still on the Where the Wild Things Are high. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie and his short with Kanye was pretty entertaining too, so I'm interested to see what he does with this. I'm very impressed by the robots movements from what I've seen.

"Holy Rollers" Kevin Asch
This movie is based on a true story about 2 Jews that smuggle E into new york. I actually noticed this movie because my favorite remix artist RAC is doing the music for this movie, so let's just say that this movie speaks to me.

Some other mentions are "Howl" starring James Franco, he's had a good run so this could be good to watch. "Burried" starring Ryan Reynolds just so I can see him trapped in a coffin for butchering Deadpool and probably Green Lantern too. "The Runaways" with Kstew and Dakota Fanning. After their awesome performance in Twlight: new moon, how could this not be good?

Bluray List update

Feb 2
-Zombieland
-Gangs of New York

Feb 9
-Bronson
-A Serious Man

Feb 23
-Sorority Row!
-The Informant

March 2
-Where the Wild Things Are (can't wait)
-Gentleman Broncos

March 23
-Fantastic Mr. Fox
-The Men who stare at Goats

March 30
-Sherlock Holmes

April 6
-LOTR (finally on Bluray)






No comments:

Post a Comment